TANZANIA PORTS AUTHORITY
INVITATION FOR TENDERS
TENDER NO.AE/016/2016-17/CTB/G/35 FOR SUPPLY, INSTALLATION, AND COMMISSIONING OF NEW FLOW METERS FOR REFINED FUEL PRODUCTS AT KOJ, DAR ES SALAAM PORT
1. This invitation for bids follows the General Procurement Notice for the year 2016/17 which appeared in the Daily Newspaper and Mwananchi Newspapers of 12th August 2016, respectively.
2. Tanzania Ports Authority (TPA) has set aside funds in its budget for FY 2016/17 to finance procurement of New Flow Meters for Refined Fuel Products at Kurasini Oil Jet (KOJ), Dar es Salaam Port.
3. TPA now invites sealed tenders for Supply, Installation and Commissioning of New Flow Meters for Refined Fuel Products at KOJ, Dar es Salaam Port.
4. Tendering will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedures specified in the Procurement Regulations, 2013 - Government Notice No. 446 with its amendments of 2016 and is open to all Bidders as defined in the Regulations unless otherwise stated in the Tender Data Sheet.
5. Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from/and inspect the Bidding Documents at the office of the Director of Procurement & Contracts, 2nd Floor, Room No. 48, TPA Headquarters, located at the junctions of Bandari / Kilwa Roads, Dar es Salaam from 08.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m local time on Mondays to Friday, inclusive, except on public holidays.
6. A complete set of each tender document and additional sets may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the address given under paragraph 5 above upon payment of a non-refundable fee of TZS 200,000.00. or its equivalent in readily convertible currency. Payment should be either by banker's cheque or cash payable to the Director General, Tanzania Ports Authority.
7. There will be a Pre-bid meeting and site visit on 31at March, 2017 at 10.00 a.m local time at TPA Conference Room located the junctions of Bandari / Kilwa Roads, Dar es Salaam in the 2nd Floor for Dar es Salaam Port site. Ali pre-bid meeting and site visit are mandatory for interested bidders.
8. Each tender must be accompanied by a tender security equal to USD 200,000.00 (United States Dollar Two Hundred Thousand only) in a form of unconditional Bank Guatantee or Banker's Cheque. Bid Securing Declaration and Insurance Bonds will not be accepted. Tenders not accompanied by an acceptable tender security will be rejected.
9. Each Tender duly completed in one original plus two copies should be submitted in plain sealed envelopes clearly marked "Tender No. AE/016/2016-17/CTB/G/35 for Supply, Installation and Commissioning of New Flow Meters for Refined Fuel Products at KOJ, Dar es Salaam Port. All tenders shall be addressed to the address given under paragraph 5 above; Or deposited in the Tender Box, which is located in Room No. 48 on the 2nd Floor of TPA Headquarters Building, One Bandari Road, before the deadline for submission of bids. Electronic Tenders are not acceptable.
10. Tenders will close on 12nd May, 2017 at 10.00 a.m. local time and will be opened publicly soon thereafter in the TPA Conference Room No. 39 on the 2nd Floor. Bidders and / or their Representatives who wish to witness the opening are welcome to attend.
11. Late tenders, portion of tenders, electronic tenders, tenders not received, tenders not opened and read out in public at the tender opening ceremony shall not be accepted for evaluation irrespective of any circumstances.
12. Please note that Tanzania Ports Authority is not obliged to accept the lowest or any tender.
Tanzania Ports Authority,
P.O. Box 9184,
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Tel. No. +255 22 2110401
Fax No. +255 22 2130390